Grades 1-7 (2021-2022 School Year)
Haines Wayside Park
Camp Wewannago is designed to provide a safe, structured and fun environment for children in first through seventh grade. Your child’s day will be filled with group activities, games, sports, arts and crafts, field trips and more. Camp Wewannago is staffed with trained employees who will be wearing neon yellow staff shirts so they can be easily seen.
- We will be splitting Camp Wewannago by grades (1-3 and 4-7). We will remain in separate groups while at camp, but will come together for field trips
- All campers will be dropped-off and picked-up at Haines School
- Masks MUST be worn
- Campers are required to wear their camp T-shirt every day
- Campers in grades 1-3 will wear turquoise Camp Wewannago T-shirts
- Campers in grades 4-7 will wear lime green Camp Wewannago T-shirts
- T-shirts are available for purchase at $7 each
Camp T-shirts will be available to be picked up when you pay your one-time registration fee of $30. If you pay this fee online, you will need to come to the Administration Building, 701 W. Haven Avenue, to pick up your Camp T-shirts.
- Each camper will be required to bring a lunch and drink each day (unless otherwise noted)
- All field trip costs are included in the weekly fee, and we will have maximums of campers which can be enrolled on these days.
- On “Water Days”, be sure to send your child with a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen
- In case of inclement weather or extreme heat, we will utilize Haines and Oakview Schools
- If extended care is needed before and/or after camp, we would encourage you to register for our Before and After Camp Care programs
Registration begins Monday, May 10. Online weekly registration will be available after your one-time $30 registration fee has been paid. To ensure proper staffing, weekly payment is due by 8:00am on the Tuesday of the previous week or a $25 late fee will be charged per camper. No walk-up registration is allowed.
An informational video will be available for Camp Wewannago families on our website. This video will review the handbook and help you learn more about the program. Please reach out to the program supervisor, Jess, at firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions.
All participants must fill out the Camp Wewannago Registration Form (located on our website or at the Park District’s registration window) or through online registration when signing up.
ePACT for Camp
ePACT is a secure emergency network, that we will use to collect medical and emergency contact information electronically. Not only will ePACT replace paper forms, but it will also ensure we have a way to communicate with you.
How ePACT works
- You’ll receive an email invite to share information with New Lenox Community Park District
- Click ‘Complete Request’ to create a free account, or log-in if you already have an existing ePACT account.
- Enter the required information, like medical conditions, and share it with New Lenox Community Park District so that program staff have access.
For those individuals attending Camp Wewannago on a set schedule, we are offering an Automatic Payment Plan option. Please view the Commitment Form and the Financial Agreement Form on our website. Please note that in order to be enrolled in the Automatic Payment Plan, you must commit to a set schedule for the entire summer (can include Before Care, Camp Wewannago and/or After Care).
*Camp held at LCC
|Price List||5 Days||4 Days||3 Days||2 Days||1 Day|
|Add’l Out of District Fee||$12||$10||$8||$6||$4|
Camp Wewannago Parent Resources:
- Commitment Form
- Credit Card Authorization Form 2021
- Handbook 2021
- Weekly Registration Form 2021 (Please note that we do not allow drop-off registration on field trip days, Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
- Camp Wewannago Parent Orientation
- Ranch Frostie Menu
Extended Camp Care
Grades 1-7 (2021-2022 School Year)
Haines Elementary School Cafeteria
To accommodate working parents, we offer before and after camp care. Our doors open at 6:30am. Our Before Care staff will provide your child with a light breakfast and they will go to Camp Wewannago. After Camp Wewannago ends at 3:30pm, our After Care staff will provide an afternoon snack, drink and activities. After Care will be open until 6:30pm. Online weekly registration will be available after your $30 registration fee has been paid for Camp Wewannago. To ensure proper staffing, weekly payment is due by 8:00am on the Tuesday of the previous week or a $25 late fee will be charged per camper.
Extended Camp Care Weekly Registration Form 2021 (Please note that we do not allow drop-off registration on field trip days, Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
|BEFORE CARE||Days/Times||5 Days||4 Days||3 Days||2 Days||1 Day|
|1st Child||M-F, 6:30am-9:00am||$65||$54||$44||$32||$18|
|2nd Child||M-F, 6:30am-9:00am||$60||$50||$41||$30||$17|
|Add’l Out of District Fee||M-F, 6:30am-9:00am||$10||$8||$6||$4||$2|
|AFTER CARE||Days/Times||5 Days||4 Days||3 Days||2 Days||1 Day|
|1st Child||M-F, 3:30pm-6:30pm||$75||$63||$50||$36||$20|
|2nd Child||M-F, 3:30pm-6:30pm||$69||$58||$46||$33||$19|
|Add’l Out of District Fee||M-F, 3:30pm-6:30pm||$10||$8||$6||$4||$2|