New Lenox Community Park District reserves the right to change program information at any time.
- Children must be the correct age by 9/1/23, unless otherwise specified. In order to provide your child with the best possible recreational and/or learning experience, all of our programs are planned according to the ages listed in our Program Guide.
- Although your child may turn the correct age during the session of a program, our age requirement date coincides with the school district’s date to assist with the fundamental growth of the child in the age-appropriate programs and therefore would not be eligible for registration.
- Classes are for the registered child only, except for classes with an adult. Parents should not remain in the classroom or gymnasium after dropping off their child. This is in the child’s best interest, as continual interruptions tend to affect participants’ attention span and inhibit the establishment of peer relationships.
- All children must be potty-trained unless they are attending a class where an adult stay with them or is otherwise stated in the class description. Diapers are not permitted in independent classes unless stated in the class description.
- Please do not bring food to any class unless previously arranged.
- For your child’s safety, all children enrolled in programs must be picked up from the specific door by their parent(s) or designated guardian. No child will be released from the building to anyone other than these individuals.
- A mandatory sign-in and sign-out procedure for all participants is required for all Park District Programs. Children must be accompanied by an adult when escorted to the door.
PROGRAM INFORMATION ICONS
Throughout the Program Guide, you will recognize icons adjacent to programs. These icons are to assist you with additional information.
- Programs that require a parent and child to attend are shown with this icon:
- The Park District runs programs for the community through a partnership with different businesses. They provide knowledgeable and background-checked instructors who will direct each program. Programs that are contracted are shown with this icon:
- Please note that for selected ticketed or special events as well as some ongoing programs, online registration is not available. Programs that do not allow online registration are shown with this icon:
No refunds are given: (1) once a program begins unless a replacement is found; (2) on material fees unless we cancel a program; (3) on bus trips; or (4) for special events or one-day programs. A full refund is issued if we cancel a program or trip.
- When a participant cancels out of a program, a full refund, less a $5 service charge (per program), will be granted. A $5 service charge will also be assessed on all program transfers. These requests will only be honored if the request is submitted three business days prior to the start of the program or activity.
- All refunds less than $10 will be applied as a credit to the customer’s account.
- Every effort will be made to process refunds within 30 days, but in some instances it may take longer.
- New Lenox Community Park District reserves the right to change program details at any time.
Staff reserves the right to consolidate, postpone, reschedule or cancel any program due to changes in day, dates, times, instructor or insufficient enrollment. If program enrollment does not meet the minimum number of registrants, we try to cancel the program seven days prior to the start date or by the registration deadline.
For cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e., inclement weather, facility emergencies or scheduling conflicts), which are announced by Lincoln-Way District 210 or New Lenox School District 122 at facilities where Park District programs are scheduled, Park District programming will be cancelled as well. All attempts will be made to reschedule cancelled classes. However, the New Lenox Community Park District is sometimes unable to accommodate make-up classes and will not refund money in such instances.
PROGRAM BEHAVIOR POLICY
Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The following guidelines have been developed to help make Park District programs safe and enjoyable for all participants. Additional rules may be developed for particular program and athletic leagues as deemed necessary by staff.
- Show respect to participants and staff and take direction from staff.
- Refrain from using abusive or foul language or from causing bodily harm to self, other participants or staff.
- Show respect to equipment, supplies and facilities. The New Lenox Community Park District reserves the right to terminate a party’s participation in a Park District program due to that party’s disruptive behavior or conduct.
Registrants and participants permit to the taking of photos and videos of themselves and their children during Park District activities for publication and use as the Park District deems necessary.
Program Guide Distribution
To provide you the most up-to-date information, the Program Guides will be available online. We continue to review guidelines to determine the best way to safely serve the community while fulfilling our mission of providing quality community life.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
A mandatory sign-in and sign-out procedure is required for all participants enrolled in any Park District program. Children must be accompanied by an adult when being escorted to and from class.
The New Lenox Community Park District is unable to assume responsibility for injuries, accidents or loss of personal property occurring during programs or activities, in parks or facilities. Such insurance would make programs and user fees prohibitive. It is recommended that participants make provisions to provide this coverage through their family insurance program.