With School District 122 starting remote learning on November 30 we wanted to share with you our plan for families that need care during this time. We will offer a full day Trailblazers program from 8:00am–3:00pm. The plan is to hold the program at Spencer Trail if we have enough participants registered to run the program. Our staff will assist participants during remote learning and have other activities planned for the time outside of remote learning. Each participant will need to bring all equipment that they will be using for e-learning. All equipment must be labeled with your child’s name such as, iPad, chargers, etc. iPad must be fully charged each day they are attending our program. Participants must bring their own lunch. The lunch bag and everything inside needs to be disposable. Drop off and pick-up will remain the same as when in person learning was occurring. Masks are mandatory during the program, even during drop off and pick up. You will need to commit to 3, 4 or 5 days for this program.
• The program runs November 30–January 15
• Childcare will be offered (no Remote Learning) from 8:00am-3:00pm on December 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and January 4.
• Childcare will not be offered on December 24, 25 and 31. January 1 and 18
The price for the program will be as follows:
3 Days – $105 per week
4 Days – $133 per week
5 Days – $161 per week
Below are some things the participant needs to follow to have a successful program.
• Participants must be able to independently provide personal self-care such as bath rooming, handwashing, eating, and personal hygiene
• Participants must be able to practice physical distancing with verbal and visual reminders
• Participants will need to be able to refrain from outburst and physically aggressive behaviors such as biting, spitting, scratching, hitting, kicking etc.
• Participants must be able to independently put on and wear a mask
• Participants must be able to stay near the group and not run or wander away
• Participants must be able to comply with verbal and visual instructions
• Participants must be able to be responsible for personal items with verbal/visual prompts and reminders
Failure to follow these requirements will result in removal from the program due to the current mandates, CDC guidelines and local health department guidance.