In conjunction with the Village of New Lenox, the Park District is excited to offer ice skating in the Village Commons beginning December 2. This synthetic ice skating rink will allow for skating no matter what the temperature is, and standard ice skates can be used on the rink. The ice skating rink will be located in the Village Commons. Parking will be available throughout the Village Commons and in the upper level lot of the Village Hall.
Skate Rink Hours of Operation:
- Skate at Your Own Risk
- Sunday, December 2 – Sunday, January 27
- We will do our best to notify the community, as soon as possible, on our Facebook page or on the home page of our website if the rink is closed.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own skates.
Rules for the Skating Rink are as Follows:
1. Skate at your own risk.
2. In the event of inclement weather, rink may be closed due to maintenance.
3. No person is permitted in the rink without ice skates.
4. Skaters are not allowed to carry children.
5. Young skaters and beginners should remain in the center of ice.
6. Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters’ safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden.
7. Roughness, excessive speeding, skating against the crowd, or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
8. Abusive behavior and language will not be tolerated.
9. Eating or drinking is not permitted on the ice rink.
10. No horseplay while on the ice. This includes tag, chain skating, throwing snowballs, racing, and intentionally sliding.
11. No dogs (except service animals/seeing eye dogs) or pets of any kind are permitted on the ice rink.
12. No smoking allowed.
13. The Village of New Lenox and the New Lenox Community Park District are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
Skate Rental and Concession Hours of Operation
Skate Rentals are closed for the rest of the season. Thank you for your support during the Christmas in the Commons 2018-2019 season!