In conjunction with the Village of New Lenox, the Park District is excited to offer ice skating in the Village Commons beginning December 2. This synthetic ice skating rink will allow for skating no matter what the temperature is, and standard ice skates can be used on the rink. The ice skating rink will be located in the Village Commons. Parking will be available throughout the Village Commons and in the upper level lot of the Village Hall.
We are looking for Christmas in the Commons Sponsors!
Click here for more information, or contact Recreation Supervisor Katie Casey at email@example.com or (815) 485-3584.
Ice Rink Hours of Operation:
- Skate at Your Own Risk
- Sunday, December 2 – Sunday, January 6
- We will do our best to notify the community, as soon as possible, on our Facebook page or on the home page of our website if the rink is closed.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own skates, though a limited number of skates will be available to rent during select hours.
- Warm beverages will also be available for sale during select hours. See Below:
|Ice Rink Admission:||FREE|
|Ice Skate Rental:||$5.00 (cash)/$5.50 (credit)|
Rules for the Ice Skating Rink are as Follows:
1. Skate at your own risk.
2. In the event of inclement weather, rink may be closed due to maintenance.
3. No person is permitted in the rink without ice skates.
4. Skaters are not allowed to carry children.
5. Young skaters and beginners should remain in the center of ice.
6. Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters’ safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden.
7. Roughness, excessive speeding, skating against the crowd, or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
8. Abusive behavior and language will not be tolerated.
9. Eating or drinking is not permitted on the ice rink.
10. No horseplay while on the ice. This includes tag, chain skating, throwing snowballs, racing, and intentionally sliding.
11. No dogs (except service animals/seeing eye dogs) or pets of any kind are permitted on the ice rink.
12. No smoking allowed.
13. The Village of New Lenox and the New Lenox Community Park District are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
Skate Rental and Concession Hours of Operation
- We have a limited amount of skates and sizes for rental, please be aware we may not have your skate size available when you arrive.
- Skate Rentals are limited to 1 hour during peak times.
- Renters will be required to fill out a Skate Rental Agreement Form
- A picture ID or cell phone must be left with concessionaire at time of rental upon completing form, if applicable.
December 3- December 23 (Closed December 24 & 25)
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday, 11:00am – 9:00pm
- Sunday, 11:00am – 9:00pm
December 26 – January 6 (Closed January 1)
- Sunday through Saturday, 11:00am – 9:00pm
- December 31, 11:00am – 5:00pm
*Please note that these hours are subject to change and are weather permitting. Please check the Village and/or New Lenox Community Park District Facebook page for any changes.